Some liverocks.com hitchhikers (2 pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maximo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just got a new Nikon D70 Digital SLR. I'm no photographer but plan to learn this camera inside and out.

After 6 months here are some shots of the hitchhikers that came with my liverock from LiveRocks.com:

One of my 2 urchins:

urchin.jpg

The other urchin and the mantis:
'ey there Mate!

mantis.jpg

Let me know if I should reduce the file size more.

Thanks,

-Maximo

I'm guessing because I dont have any experience with them.... but the second looks like a mantis shrimp and you'll want to get rid of that sucker......

One other thing... it looks like from your first picture that you have silicate sand on the base and a layer of argonite on top.... is that the case???? if so you're the only other one I've ever seen do that... mine is the same way.... had any issues with it??

Kewl urchin by the way !!

Yeah I plan on getting the mantis out.. I think I'm going to take the rock out that he lives on and do a fresh water dip. I am going to keep him too cause he is such a character!

All the sand is argonite... Argamax from CaribSea.. couldn't find any of the cheap stuff 'round here. I think the color difference is from the light penetration.

Do you have an ID on the urchins? I have a few of them and I'm a little curious as to what they are>

I've not attempted to ID the urchins. There is another urchin that I see very rarely that is much smaller and has stubby spines. It is red and white in color. When I changed the aquascape I also saw another shrimp with blue legs! He didnt seem to have any big pinchers though.

Back
Top Bottom