Something smells fishy about www.lr.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Umpa Lumpa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
After seeing the cost/quality of the live rock from my lfs and hearing alot about www.lv.com I decided to get the rest of my rock from lr.com

So I go there and choose how much/what I wanted and started entering in my Credit card info. Seems everything is doing fine then it sends me to the paypal site to redo all the billing info!?!

So why would they need my credit card info twice? Once on www.lv.com then again on paypals site??

I know alot of yall have gotton rock from them so I'm asking you if it did this to you too?

Um it shouldnt.

They have it setup to have paypal as the online store if I remember right, they shouldnt be accepting any kind of credit card info on their site since it is like this.

Actually I just looked and they do have credit card info on their website, and they dont even have a security certificate.
Maybe email Zack as this is a big issue.

You really need to tell him to take that credit card info off. He may be sued for it later on, lol (But really, he may be, EX if someones credit info goes missing and gets charged for stuff... Guess who is getting the bill????)

No security certificate, bad thing....

I entered my info directly through paypal. Then again I didnt use the site to order. Zack sent me a link in PM. Seem like nice folk though. We'll see when I get me rocks. :)

Also note the real addy is http://www.liverocks.com I dont know if you acutally went to www.lr.com but if you did I would say you could have been a victum of one of the worset internet scames around. Praying on those who enter the wrong URL.

Actually I went to the real lr.com website and found those problems.

The same thing happened to me early April. I contacted Ron and he assured me I would only be billed once, even though I had to enter my card info twice.

Quote from Ron of lr.com:

HI Steve, "Ron of Triton" here. No you will not be billed twice, we received your payment for forty lbs. of Keys LR. I know our store front and web are a little weird, but we have a new more efficient web and store front on the way. Thank you for bearing with us.. Sincerely, Ron.

I was a little concerned at first though.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom