Soo.......I'm an idiot....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bkushy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a tang that has developed signs of ich. Needless to say in my 180 I could not catch him to treat so without removing all fish I saw no point in removing any. Today I decided I would try paraguard. ...
.so now you agree with the title. My gut said don't do it but guess what. I did. Not a full dose just about 2 thirds I would say. Hoping to give the tang a chance. Well within five minutes ALL of my coral looked like they were laying on a sidewalk in the middle of summer. I moved as many as I could to my son's tank where they will be nipped by an angel and damsels but I figure that's better than what appears to be certain death. What are the chances for what is left in my tank and how long until I can hopefully move any survivors back in???? I have my skimmer going nuts and fresh carbon on the tank. Should have 30 gallons of Ro ready for morning. Any other suggestions to help remove this crap and hopefully save some coral...........

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's a tough call on how long it will be or even if the corals can be saved. I would definitely keep a close eye on ammonia though as the malachite green that's in the paraguard can be harmful to inverts.

That is so sad! I hope you can save your pets. I'd try and change out as much of you water as possible. Best of luck to you, keep us posted?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom