Splitting mushroom coral hard?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Though I've never done it, I'm pretty sure you need to split it so both pieces have part of a mouth. I don't have the guts to cut anything. I made my husband cut my Kenya trees out when I wasn't home. Lol.

Though I've never done it, I'm pretty sure you need to split it so both pieces have part of a mouth. I don't have the guts to cut anything. I made my husband cut my Kenya trees out when I wasn't home. Lol.

Well it's actually got two mouths, so I'm just going to cut Inbetween those. I just don't want it to be susceptible to disease and such

Nah don't worry about it, cut it if you want. It'll recover. I didn't even cut mine, I ripped it apart and both parts are healthy now lol

Nah don't worry about it, cut it if you want. It'll recover. I didn't even cut mine, I ripped it apart and both parts are healthy now lol

Lol nice ill cut It tomorrow then and post some pics on the thread. It's a beautiful neon green recordia that I got a huge deal on

I think we might have the same coral lmao! Mine has tiny neon green nipples with a purple base, started off as 1 small frag, now I have 6 of them. It's been in my tank since December

There's a pic of mine

Attachments

• image-1164716598.jpg
    image-1164716598.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 142
  • image-3457225876.jpg
    image-3457225876.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 166
  • image-3739940132.jpg
    image-3739940132.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 157
Ahhh I see, yours is different than mine, but still, they grow like crazy. And as long as you have the proper lighting and good water quality you can throw them in a blender and they'll still reproduce! Ahaha

I came home one day and found one of my power head fell right on top of my mushroom and poor thing was shredded into pieces until the ph jammed and stopped working. Only a small piece the size of quarter left of the mushroom but luckily with a remaining mouth. It is still alive and starting to grow again.

Yeah one of my green mushrooms split and the second half moved to a different spot. I really just don't think they care. Lol.

I know someone who put a mushroom in a blender and then poured the slurry in his tank. A few weeks later, he had mushrooms everywhere. They are pretty resilient.

So for florida ric's you just cut them in half? I have 3, each costing over $30 each, I'd live to have 6...lol

I personally dont see the point in fragging them. They grow so fast anyway.

Mike ,..for as much as I love the mushrooms,...for some reason, I find it very difficult to raise the Florida ricordeas ,...I have no idea why ,..all the other varieties grow very well,....especially the hairy ones!!!! I just bought another rock with some nice orange ones on it,...got my fingers crossed that one of these days they'll take off.

Living in Vancouver BC Florida Ric's have to travel a LONG way to get here. If I could frag them and sell them for half of what the stores do I think my fellow reefers would appreciate that. My regular mushrooms drop babies everywhere but the rics don't seem to reproduce that quickly in my tank.

And they will. I got a few from a friend and now I have many. They have taken over the tank. Im talking about the orange ones. Thats a nice tank behind you in the avatar.

And they will. I got a few from a friend and now I have many. They have taken over the tank. Im talking about the orange ones. Thats a nice tank behind you in the avatar.

Just out of curiosity ,.. Where are yours ( placement ) light wise in the tank,..very shady,shady ,bright lights etc???

Back
Top Bottom