Square pin PC bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cathyjane

Aquarium Advice Activist
Anyone know of a good place to purchase square pin PC bulbs? I've been doing some research and have found that most are of the straight pin variety. The best price I've found so far is about $21 ea for 55w, 10,000k.

That's not a bad price. Square pin bulbs shouldn't be too hard to find. I can get Iridius 65w 10k's for about $20 each plus shipping. I was getting CSL bulbs for around $26 each, but I'm not really sure what the wholesaler carries now. Darin at Captive Reefs has Hamilton bulbs I believe...you'd have to check with him about pricing. Other places are AH Supply and Hellolights. Be careful what you buy as all PC's are not created equal.

OK, Hellolights looks like a pretty good place to buy. What would most agree is a good combo? Daylight, actinic or 50/50? I have a CSL 48" that came with 2 x 65 10,000k and 2 x 65 actinic. Is that a good combination to stay with or should I try something different. I currently have fish\liverock and one ricordea but like to get some more corals.

I do all my lighting business with MarineandReef.com I am really enjoying my "current USA" PC bulbs I got from them.

If the Currents USA bulbs are the same as the CSL bulbs, that's the ones I'd go with. I'm sure the Hellolights 10k bulbs are fine, but I've talked to several folks who didn't much like their actinics. I think Darin at Captive Reefs can probably get the Currents bulbs for you...unfortunately, my wholesaler doesn't have them in stock yet.

Back
Top Bottom