Star Fish Shell and Conch Shell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kris_toledo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone, I just came back from Bahamas and I bought myself a star fish shell and a conch shell. My question here is: Is it possible to put both of these shells in a freshwater aquarium? I have 2 oscars and I would like to put these decorations in my tank...Please help me.. Thanks..

You can put the conch shell in. The starfish is not a shell but a dead, dried up starfish. If you put it in water it will rot.
The conch shell will just get covered in algae, why not display it near the tank. I have a display of all sorts of shells and dead coral I have found during trips and have them on top of my tank. Looks very nice and adds to the "mood".

Mark

Hey thanks for the quick reply...I'm glad you told me about it...Hey, If I were to start up a saltwater aquarium, would I be able to put the conch in there without it getting covered in algae? Also, would the starfish also rot in a saltwater aquarium? Thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom