Sharing monster fish & in a 150 gallon pond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MonsterFishLovS29

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
(Can we talk about ponds in this Topic?)

hello I have some two oscar one pbass one gar and one snakehead. there well feeded they don’t need to compete with food with aggression cause I have a lot, & I feed them some worms a lot of pellets and feeder fish…

about my pond. they are just fine with a 150 gallon as they grow and reach an adult hood I’ll better sell them for reduce an confine space thank you.

Check this out!

Attachments

• IMG_0237.jpeg
    IMG_0237.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0239.jpeg
    IMG_0239.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 6
One of the things about large fish getting along is space more than gallons. A pond holding 150 gallons I would surmise has more floor space than a rectangular aquarium that holds 150 gallons so that works in your favor. (y) What are the dimensions of your pond? :unsure:

Ok👍 so on feeding time I feed them some pellets and snakehead food for my snakehead I haven’t tried the snakehead food yet it just got delivered to my house yesterday sry their was no more worms thats why its not on my pics but in my old pics on my other phone but I order 30pcs of feeder fish and its gonna arrive at 3pm or earlier to deliver to my house today.

Attachments

• IMG_0100.jpeg
    IMG_0100.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 2
Ok👍 so on feeding time I feed them some pellets and snakehead food for my snakehead I haven’t tried the snakehead food yet it just got delivered to my house yesterday sry their was no more worms thats why its not on my pics but in my old pics on my other phone but I order 30pcs of feeder fish and its gonna arrive at 3pm or earlier to deliver to my house today.
If the fish are eating it and they are growing steadily and looking good, they must be working. (y) You just want to make sure you feed a variety of foods so the fish don't get too used to one food in case you have problems getting that one food. Live fish and live worms ( earthworms) are good things to feed once in a while. My Oscars got live earthworms, live bugs, live fish and Grass Shrimp as just part of their regular feeding variety. I'm sure the rest of your fish would eat them as well. (y)

Ok👍 nice sharing so in my pond now the water is getting green on the bottom and clear water on the top in case of the fallen leaves of the plants so I keep removing it to reduce green color water or algae and also I have an cover to reduce sunlight to not perm green color also I use algaecide tablets I melt them for one hour so the my fish cannot eat them, and place the tablets in the water after one hour if melted also to reduce perm green water.

Attachments

• IMG_0102.jpeg
    IMG_0102.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 1
Ok👍 nice sharing so in my pond now the water is getting green on the bottom and clear water on the top in case of the fallen leaves of the plants so I keep removing it to reduce green color water or algae and also I have an cover to reduce sunlight to not perm green color also I use algaecide tablets I melt them for one hour so the my fish cannot eat them, and place the tablets in the water after one hour if melted also to reduce perm green water.
Limiting sunlight will help reduce the green water from getting started. There's nothing wrong with the green water because the algae will actually help absorb nitrates out of the water. It's just unsightly and makes it harder to see the fish. :(

Back
Top Bottom