Star Polyps and Torch Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisc0

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay, I know I really answer my question when you look at the facts here, but I am mostly curious if anyone else has had a similar experience. I posted back a few days ago about star polyps and phoszorb after I removed phosguard and added zorb my stars closed and hadn't opened for five days. The same day I added the Zorb I also added a torch coral. I have a 120 gallon setup with AC for reference. The torch coral was my 2nd attempt to house this species and last night I noticed that it was on its way out. I removed the coral to QT where it could be observed. This morning my stars appear to be opening back up. Anyone experience similar connections in their tanks? The stars are at the top, 8" from surface while the torch was 26" down at the complete opposite corner of the tank. Doesn't seem they could be connected but here they are this morning opening back up... Thanks everyone.

Doesn't seem they could be connected but here they are this morning opening back up... Thanks everyone.

Sounds like coincidence to me. Unless the torch was producing some massive speepers and stinging the polyps, I think it is unrelated.

I just came home at lunch and wanted to add something. The stars are out in full this afternoon however they appear to be a much more metalic green than when they closed up five days ago. Think it might be some kind of natural development?

Back
Top Bottom