Stocking for 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scotty1301

Aquarium Advice Regular
1xclown fish
2xfire goby
1x yellow watchman goby
1xneon goby

Maybe I'm a little more liberal in my stocking, BUT if you take off one of the firefish I think you may be ok. Your choice of fish is good but in the end it will depend on how well you maintain the tank and how much time you wait between adding the fish.

Maybe I'm a little more liberal in my stocking, BUT if you take off one of the firefish I think you may be ok. Your choice of fish is good but in the end it will depend on how well you maintain the tank and how much time you wait between adding the fish.

If the tank was heavily filtered with a powerful skimmer with bi-weekly wc's and the clown was replaced with some thing with a little smaller bio load / aggression level then maybe. However most people don't do this on a tank this small. But if you replace the clown with something a little better suited for a 10 you can probably get away with 3 fish and a neon goby (assuming you mean the actual neons that stay under an inch)

I'd recommend choose b/t clown or firefish. Also, get a tiger pistol shrimp to pair with the watchman goby, you won't regret it.

When I said he would be ok minus the one firefish I was assuming, hopefully correctly, that the OP would be doing water changes weekly and not overfeeding. A decent amount of water coming out every week should alleviate the need for a skimmer. He chose very small fish to begin with, other than the clown and not very active ones at that. The clown will most likely stay in a corner anyways so swim room shouldnt be an issue at all. It would all come down to how well he takes care of the tank.
I always share my opinion on stocking as though it were me doing it. I know I could handle that kind of bioload if the tank were mine, but thats just me. I only hope most people do the maintenance that I do. lol

I meant no offense and respect your knowledge and admire your tanks and also just voicing my opinion. I guess it's just comes down to my beliefs on clowns being in 10s. Sorry if it came off as attacking your opinion Carey, was not my intention and it's quite obvious by looking at your threads that your opinion on any topic is valuable

Oh, no offense taken. I value everyones opinions, thats why I post so often. lol

I'm not a big fan of a clown in a 10g anyways, but if the op is going to do it he just needs to be diligent in his tank maintenance. Personally, I probably wouldnt do it myself. But alot of people are dead set on it, I mean what reef tank isnt complete without a clown or two? LOL Main reason alot of people get into saltwater to begin with. lol

Oh, no offense taken. I value everyones opinions, thats why I post so often. lol

I'm not a big fan of a clown in a 10g anyways, but if the op is going to do it he just needs to be diligent in his tank maintenance. Personally, I probably wouldnt do it myself. But alot of people are dead set on it, I mean what reef tank isnt complete without a clown or two? LOL Main reason alot of people get into saltwater to begin with. lol

Ok good :). And I know what you mean 4 of my 5 tanks have a clown (only my 10 doesn't ), mainly because of my daughter, but you got to admire there spunk. And much as I hate it "nemo" really made her take interest in my passion so I guess it's a good thing

Back
Top Bottom