Suggestions for addition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

24 hours? NE!

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've got a 25 gallon with LR and LS. I've got 1 cleaner shrimp and 1 fire shrimp, 1 emerald crab, 1 blue legged hermit and a host of snails.

I've got a protein skimmer and a 20 gallon sump is a possiblity for the future.

I've got a regal tang (a small one- hopefully by the time he is too large for my tank, the tank will be upgraded), a yellow-tailed damsel and an electric blue damsel.

On to my question: My wife is looking for a colorful addition to our tank. She prefers something that likes to be on display. What would be good for my tank? I recognize the future size issue with the tang, but now he's got a great personality and he's more than small enough for the tank- he likes to play games with my two powerheads.

I would like to add a goby of some sort myself, but my wife's wish comes first. Any help? TIA

I would say no more fish for a tank that size. Thats JMHO though. Others will jump in and cast there opinion as well..

I would second that. Pretty crowded, epecially with the Tang growing.
IMO.

I don't think four fish is too much for a 25 gallon, as long as you're careful about it. However, I feel that if two of them are damsels, it's going to get pretty stressful in there. If you could catch a damsel (good luck) and replace it, that would be the better choice in my opinion. Damsels don't treat other fish very kindly when they're in a crowded tank.

Ok yeah,

I know the sitation you are in with the wife wanting something ..... So I am not gonna tell you not too, the pros are here for that. But I will agree with Gauge if you are bound and determined to get another fish pull out a damsel. Then replace him with a clown (prolly a perc or oscillaris) or something else small and that stays in pretty much one spot. (come to think of it I cannot remember the last time I saw my clowns further than a foot away from my anomone)

Doan

I concur, you are already pushing it with the fish you have. You could look at more crabs and snails. Not sure how old your tank is, but anenomes and starfish can be interesting additions as well. Just make sure you check out compatibility and lighting issues.

Good luck,

I took my bta and 2 ocellaris out of that tank and put them in another so that I could make the lighting better. I'm pretty much maxed out for lighting with the hood I have. I also just passed off two dominoe damsels to a friend.

The two damsels remaining won't get any bigger and they're not picking on anything.

I recognize the need for a bigger tank for the tang- combination of- wife thinks it looks cool and lfs- "oh, no problem with that!" A bigger tank will come.

Any suggestion for a smaller colorful fish that won't disrupt my tank?

Maybe another clown. Or a neon goby, they are a blast to watch and very colorful. Not as colorful, but another fun fish is a scooter blenny.

A yellow clown goby or maybe either a yellow or blue assessor..

Back
Top Bottom