Tang killer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andrew1333

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought a new lipstick tang from the shop there over day, when I put him in my (only) other Indian tang started showing the lipstick who was boss. I know this happens but when I woke up the next day my lipstick tang was never seen again. Would my Indian have killed him????

I believe so, if i remember right tangs shouldn't be mixed because of aggression. Excuse me if I'm wrong :) its been a long time, so please correct me if so

From what I've been told tangs can be introduced together in the same tank but only as juveniles,they will tend to stay together but while keeping each other in check, so you could call it a tang gang so to speak, this is what I've done an tangs are fine and feeding well.

It may not have directly killed the blonde naso, but it could have stressed it to death. How big a tank is this? Never heard of an "Indian" tang. Got a pic or another name for it?

Tang aggression can depend on the species and even then each specimen may be more aggressive or passive than the next.

Im not sure about the mix theory. I have had a Sail for like 6-7 years, got a yellow about 5 years ago and rescued a Hippo 3 years ago (with a huge gash on his head from being in a 20 gal). And have never had a problem. I think is is more based on individual fish personalities and the environment that we put them in. Mine actually all hang out together.

Cheers for the help. I've only got a 120L tank and had the other tang for about a year so he probable things its his tank. I've also herd that if you have 3-5 ( odd numbers) that they keep each other in cheek??

I'm not to sure about the odd numbers thing. IMO ur tank is far to small for any tang really. He would of been very stressed in such a small tank. I would steer clear of any more in the future if I were you. Maybe a kole tang but even then it's to small and you are getting some of the biggest sized tangs at the moment. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :s

Back
Top Bottom