New goldfish harassing my black moor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KatI

Aquarium Advice Newbie
looking for advice. My goldfish died and my black Moor was looking lost so I bought him another goldfish for what was meant to be company. Quarantine was over today so I put him in the tank, he was a little shy but ate fine. tonight he's been chasing my Moor and appears to be tail nipping. Should this calm down or Should I remove him and put him back in the small tank? I'd be devastated if anything happens to my Moor

Nobody can really say for sure what will happen going forward. The new goldfish might calm down, it might not. Some fish are just jerks. Monitor, and if it continues to harass your black moor they need separating.

Thanks, I removed him today as he was being relentless and my Moor spent most of his time buried in a plant hiding. Friendlies fish i've ever had and he came back out for a hand rub at feeing time and is now backnto normal. Will try and introduce them again in a few days and see how it goes

Thanks, I removed him today as he was being relentless and my Moor spent most of his time buried in a plant hiding. Friendlies fish i've ever had and he came back out for a hand rub at feeing time and is now backnto normal. Will try and introduce them again in a few days and see how it goes

If you can, post a pic of the 2 fish. The 2 fish may be of different genders which is why the chasing from the new fish.

Not the best pics

Attachments

• received_1394176181303446.jpeg
    received_1394176181303446.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 4
Again not the best pic

Attachments

• 20240303_200559.jpg
    20240303_200559.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 4
From all accounts, you probably have a male and female so the chaser is the male and the chasee is the female. ( If both were males, I'd bet the chasing wouldn't have been so immediate. ) Here's a quick post that you can follow to see if you do indeed have both genders: https://www.quora.com/How-can-you-t...-female-without-taking-them-out-of-their-tank ( first post here. )
Checking their vents is the best way. (y)

Back
Top Bottom