Tank Temp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joester2k3

Aquarium Advice Freak
My tank is up and running finally :):) the concern is i dont have a heater or lights yet and my temp is 78.2 roughly i do have a cover over the tank and 2 maxi-jet 1200's. Should i be concerned about this????

I wouldn’t worry about it as long as it doesn’t go over 80 and at the most 82. If your tank is completely covered I’d remove at a minimum 2” in the back if you have a plastic back attached to the glass cover to keep CO2 from building up. Better to go topless or half topless if you can.

If getting PC lights then it shouldn’t raise it too much. If you plan on getting MH lights then you might need a chiller in the future or keep your house closer to 70. What do you keep your house temp at?

one question...where is the thermometer in relation to the equipment in the tank?

ive moved it around and its same every where
plus i use a infered thermometer that u point and get a reading i go fromt he top of the tank bottom anywhere with it and it says 78 too sooo

With your house at 70 I’m kind of shocked it’s at 78 without lights. I wouldn’t think the ph would put out that much heat.

Sorry, a little off topic. Do you have the gun from http://tempgun.com/? Does it work on humans? Getting a good reading from my little girl (18 months) is next to impossible :roll:

no mines for RC cars duratrax is the name of it. It works pretty well it said 35.8 outside today so i took it out side n pointed it at my car (in the shade) and it matched sooo its pretty accurate

BUT lol it could be wrong heheheheh they are known to be off

Back
Top Bottom