Tiger Sleeper Goby or Yellow Watchman Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

birman

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've 2 yellow watchman gobies for months living peacefully till I introduced 2 tiger sleeper gobies. The 2 yellow killed the smaller tiger.
I need to decide which to keep.
Which is a better species for me to keep? I've DSB and my tank size is 50 gallons. My intention for the tiger sleeper was to keep the top layer sand stirred. Which of these 2 is the less aggressive one?

The sleeper goby must go, not because of any aggression issue, but simply because it will kill your sand bed. The sifting they do is actually hunting, they are hunting (and eating) the infauna of the sandbed, the pods and worms they eat are a vital part of your sand bed.

A better idea for keeping the top layer stirred are nassarius snails and fighting conchs.

Thanks for your advice reefrunner. I'll get rid of my sleeper. What about longfined goby? I believe it's the same verdict as the sleeper?

is a tiger shrimp goby the same as a tiger sleeper goby? if not, are they sifters? will they be ok in a 25 gal with a DSB?

Hi, BBReef. I'm not sure whether they're the same. But, you can observe the goby. If it takes in sand and spur out via their gills, they're sifters.

Anyway, anyone knows whether black sea cucumber is reef-safe and DSB-safe?
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom