to add or not! help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dimdim

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i got 2 nice pieces straight of the caribsea box at my lfs, i want to know if i should cook it first? or add it striaght to my tank after rinsing it in what?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I like to soak my new rock in RO/DI water for 2-3 day some will leach phosphates the only rock you need to cook is live rock as there's a good chance of die off from shipping

Thanks grizz! Im going to soak it once im done using my unit to fill my tank almost there!!

About 35-40lbs in a 35 gallon reef. The two peices weigh 8 lbs mr x

I'd take a hacksaw to nice new pieces to make shelves out of them.soak them in rodi water for a few days

Shelves? What do you mean ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cut the rocks length wise to make nice shelves for coral rather than just putting them in the tank as they are

Should i let my rocks dry out after soaking in ro di water before i put them in the tank?

I wouldn't think there'd be enough fresh water clinging to two rocks to have a noticeable effect on a 35 gallon tank... but if you're worried, then there's no harm in letting it dry first.

Its a 75 gallon tank now lol i just upgraded go check out my thread its called new tank transfer ! Ive had it sitting in ro di since wednesday night,

Test the soak water for phosphates if it's clear drop them in your tank You'd have to add 2-3 gallons of fresh water to make a real difference in the SG.

The api phosphate kit i find is innaccurate but ill give it a shot

Back
Top Bottom