Too much liverock???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yankeeslover

Aquarium Advice Activist
sorry and thanks for helping out this newbie.. Just getting started in a FOWLR... so far i have two clown fish and a small clean up crew.. 46 gallon bowfront.. Just wondering how this live rock setup looks and if its too much? i never weighed it..for all i know i could have 100 pounds in here..LOL... pain in the butt setting up so i dont want to remove it just to weight it..but hopefully then again it doesnt weight too much and crash thru my floor...LOL.. either way does give my fish room to swim? i would like to add more fish when i have the chance. btw, that filter in the background will be gone in a few days.. i ordered a skimmer yesterday....thanks.
IMG_20150625_121257792.jpg

IMG_20150625_121245484.jpg

IMG_20150625_121304822.jpg

I think that looks fine. If you're worried about it just try it and see. Add your first fish or two and if it seems like they need more room take a rock out at a time until you find the happy amount.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have 300lbs in my 90g and still say I need another 100lbs but it wont happen as I dont want to mess with my scape
img_3239994_0_ba083551039e697860160e91f1c2bf40.jpg

its all about what you want and like

I just moved some around

shifted some and built it higher..does this still look ok or built too high? i think fish can swim in front, behind and in and out of the small little caves..IMG_20150625_213115215.jpg

Make sure it's stable, wouldn't want it to topple over also make sure you can get a scrubber between the rock at all places so any algae can be scrubbed away.

how did you secure the arch , I would be weary of a avalanche with rocks busting out the glass , and that would = a big mess

Guys

whats the best way to secure it? It doesnt move when i shake them.. but is there a trick to securing them?

54seaweed

do i take everything out to epoxy? or just take the top arches and epoxy the top ones? can i put epoxy on the top ones and stick them back in the tank or do the rocks need to be held together outside the tank? I hate to take them all out if i dont have to.

Your second build looks a lot better Far from sturdy though. Try and make some more stable caves like you were going for. Take it all out and start from beginning. May be easier.

i actually found some jb water weld that i had for my pool last month... i used the remaining tube on the top pieces just now.. hopefully enough to get them stable to the middle rocks.. once it sets up i can get another tube and press some more in right under water.. hopefully teh water weld is fish safe..OOPS...

Yeah, that can be pretty disastrous depending on what is in that stuff. Leaching into the water could lead you to simply have a much smaller pool in your living room rather than an aquarium.

Back
Top Bottom