Is this too much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IgsPoke3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone, I have a 6 gallon aquarium with a betta fish in it and it is all cycled. I was planning on getting two neocradina shrimp and one snail (probably) mystery to just keep up with the algae and all the good stuff in the tank. Would that be too much stocking for the tank due to the bio load? Should I just stick with one or the other? Thank you as always!

That's a very IFFY proposition as the shrimp may be a very tempting treat for the Betta. The suggestions are to do this in a large aquarium so the 2 species have enough room to avoid each other or to add the shrimp first then the Betta in a very well planted tank. As for the bioload, NO, it shouldn't be a problem as the shrimp and snail have small impacts. Is a 6 gallon tank big enough for both is the question to which the answer is " Are you willing to lose the shrimp? If so, try it. First tho, I'd just temporarily move the betta for a couple of days so that the shrimp have a chance to settle in. (y)

Back
Top Bottom