Two false percs, one true????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

circus clowns

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've had two clown fish for 5 years, one false, one true perc. Yesterday I added a snowflake clown, and boy are things getting interesting,theres a lot of fighting , but not to many deadly attacks today. Looking for comments on how you guys feel this is going to turn out..

I've had two clown fish for 5 years, one false, one true perc. Yesterday I added a snowflake clown, and boy are things getting interesting,theres a lot of fighting , but not to many deadly attacks today. Looking for comments on how you guys feel this is going to turn out..

But I've had the true and false get along for five years,and I heard there not supposed to get along , and the false really likes the new snowflake, and was protecting it, but isn't anymore, I'm just hoping for the best..

I would separate the new one before it gets injured or worse. They are probably defending their territory and can get very aggressive in that situation.

The problem is that u added a third one into the tank and now they will all fight.

I have a friend who has had about 7 or8 , different clowns together for a while , and no deaths ( this was in the beginning when no one knew better) , that is until his ex girl friend got to them ,doom, doom ,doom but that's a hole other story...

Not all fighting just the true and the snowflake, the false likes the snow flake..

Yesterday the snow flake had the true perc up top in a Conner of the tank, today it's the other way around..

Thanks. I think the reason only those two are fighting is because they are probably the same sex.

Maybe the two were already dominate females? Get a breeder nest the big clear ones ( not the net kind ) and put the less aggressive one in there. Maybe she will become a less dominate he?? Just guessing cause I have never been through that.

Back
Top Bottom