Valentini toby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spiderman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Do they really attack inverts aggressively (i.e., snails, shrimp)? Are they notorious fin-nippers? Want to see if your experiences match up with what's written about them....

i had one for three onths before i switched to a reef, they are wonderful fish tons of personality, mine was not a fin nipper, but i had only smaller fish so i dont know how he would have reacted to larger fins. He would occasionaly go after my hermits, but never my cleaner shrimp. The puffer was about an inch long by 3/4 of an inch wide (a youngin) i would definitly recomend this guy to anyone!

I had one a few years back and it's personality couldn't be matched. A great fish, but my hermits and snails didn't think so or, i should say, didn't have enough time to think so because he attacked and killed them all over night.

will it get along with bigger fish like a COMET/MARINE BETTA? will it nip its fins? how about smaller ones like a green clown goby?

thanks a lot!

Back
Top Bottom