we are expecting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alrmc4

Aquarium Advice Addict
one of the cleaner shrimp is caring eggs is there any of you that have been successful at saving any shrimp fry and any ideas of how to raise them would be appreciated...thanks

mine shrimp fry became snack food the second they hit the water column. It got to the point that I would know about when it would happen because ALL of the fish would hang out at "shrimp rock".
Wish I knew what to tell you.

In tank refugium?

Same gizmos you use for keeping guppy babies, etc.

I would tend to think the eggs are infertile. If they are fertile, you should notice some development before mom discards them.

From what I have heard snail eggs are very sensitive and in the ocean they survive by floating on the ocean currents. In our systems the eggs will ineveitably become food because our tanks are almost always much more over populated in compairson to the wild. The fish and corals will quickly take up the floating eggs and what does not get eaten will get damaged from hitting the sides of our tanks are getting nocked around our filtration/circulation systems. If you have a pair of shimp you can expect to have at least one of them with eggs every couple weeks or so.

i read if ya pull the mommy shrimp out and put her in like a 10 gallon with just a air powered sponge(that way they dont get chopped up by power heads)after she molts her eggs will be set loose at which time ya pull mommy out and can feed babies the same as ya would baby brine shrimp !! untill they grow up some !! ive never done this but heard it would work just food for thought

very cool will not be surprised if it does not work out but heck at 22-27 dollars a shot in this area it would be great if we could save a few.

i was gonna try it my self but thought i'd give the first patch a shot !! with a 55 gal refuim i'd think that some would hang around but havent seen any !! next batch might try it out of everything in my reef the shrimp are the easiest to catch so why not heheheh

Back
Top Bottom