What to do about a big clarkii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stryder

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have this Clarkii clown that has claimed ownership over the entire tank. I have already had to remove the similar sized (slightly smaller) clown that I was hoping it would mate with, and since it seems to be a big boss :evil: . I have definatly not overcrowded in my tank and think maybe that "SHE" will mellow out a bit but I do want to add a small clown to be a mate. Or will she treat him just as bad as the other one???

TIA

Are you sure the larger clown was being exremely aggressive or was she just establishing the subordinance that occurs in clown pairs? Have the two been in the tank long together? What size tank?

THis clown has got to go. It even attacks my tank tools as I go in to move rocks etc. No fish is safe anywhere near it.

Thanks though

stryder said:
It even attacks my tank tools as I go in to move rocks etc.
That kind of behavour is actually quite normal for most clowns. When I had my pair of maited cinnamon clowns the female would attack me and anything I tried putting in the tank no matter what it was. She was fine with other fish for the most part as long as they stayed away from "her" area. All in all, your going to find this kind of behavour with the more aggressive species of clowns. If you want to stick with less aggressive ones, you might have better luck unless you upgrade the tank size.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom