What's wrong with my Yuma if anything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is before

View attachment 90142

Now it appears to have moved? It looks like its peeling of the rock it came with. And it's leaving like little tiny Yuma's in its place. Is this normal? Water parameters are all in check. And it opens beautifully during the day.

Also I've had it for 3 months.

Here are the pics now. Sorry of the poor quality the lights are dimming down.

View attachment 90143

View attachment 90144

View attachment 90145

View attachment 90146

Also it's not in any direct hard flow area.

Last edited:
If it is opening in the day, moving in one direction, and leaving behind babies, I would say it is doing just what that sounds like - reproducing. Though some say Mushrooms are sessile, mine move periodically, usually just to make space for the babies.
If it's opening fine during the day, I wouldn't worry about it.

+1, I've got a couple ricordia's that did the same thing - just left pieces that grew into full-sized copies.

Cool! Thanks!! That's very exciting! Something new everyday I learn! Yes everyday it opens up really nice! And hangs down the rock and very very full and beautiful. Thanks again! I feel better now and WOW! Babies! Awesome!!

Have a good one.

TLTGF said:
+1, I've got a couple ricordia's that did the same thing - just left pieces that grew into full-sized copies.

Cool thanks man I feel so much better now. I guess there happy with my tank then and the spot?

If it's breeding, then sounds like it's just fine where it is. Since Ricordia can be a little pricey, if you can chip off rock with one attached, you may be able to sell them as they get bigger.

MacDracor said:
If it's breeding, then sounds like it's just fine where it is. Since Ricordia can be a little pricey, if you can chip off rock with one attached, you may be able to sell them as they get bigger.

Awesome! Right now I have 4 babies! :)

Back
Top Bottom