why??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The problem with bristle worms is they can multiply too quickly...so I've heard.
If you get fireworms, they can munch on corals, and do have the ability to sting you. They resemble bristle worms too, but are darker red and have larger, coarser bristles.

Bristle worms can kill. Seen them up to no good with my own two eyes. The main prob as Malkore pointed out is that they can get REAL long and multiply like little sea bunnies if unchecked. I bought a 6 line..Worked for me, your milage, if needed, may vary.

GL!

IMO bristleworms get a bad rap. Chalk it up to being in the wrong place at the wrong time. They are scavengers. They will consume uneaten food, fish waste as well as dead fish/inverts or dying corals. While there are some worms like the fire worm or medusa worm that feed on healthy corals other common bristleworms will munch on dead or dying corals. Since they are often the first to the scene of a dead fish some attribute the worms to the fish's acutal demise.

Their population should be controled by the food source. Lack of food = lower bristleworm populations. Abundance of food = abundance of worms.

Back
Top Bottom