why do you like reef aquariums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davidmaguirre

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've always liked reef aquariums because I found them very interesting and almost alien like.. I love the beautiful colors and how corals almost have personalities of there own they are very calming to watch and they look like a mini paradise and a quick get away..and its a wonderful example of a good ecosystem... Why do u like reef aquariums and having a reef aquarium? What got y hooked?

At first it was the fish that got me started.In the early 70's"telling how old I am"I had a FO tank for awhile.
The last 6 years I have had reef tanks.I am now as much attracted to the corals as the fish.I enjoy sitting and watching everything going on,even the bristle worm that now is about 8 inches long.

I sometimes wonder if i'll ever get to that point..I have had FO for a little over 6 years and i don't think i could ever have a tank without triggers and angels..,,but never say never ..I do plan on turning my 30 gallon angler tank into a mini reef someday though

i like discovering something new in your little ecosystem...even a year or two after your last addition.

When I first started with FW, I had a lot of problems keeping it pristine. Now that I have a reef (love the payoff after all the hard work) it seems my 40 gal is a breeze to take care of. I spend a lot of time on my SW and only about an hour on my FW a week and it's never looked better. I just love getting home after a long day and just sit in front of tank for hours. Totally a stress relieve, until you start thinking, I need this new equipment or that new coral. :)

davidmaguirre said:
I've always liked reef aquariums because I found them very interesting and almost alien like.. I love the beautiful colors and how corals almost have personalities of there own they are very calming to watch and they look like a mini paradise and a quick get away..and its a wonderful example of a good ecosystem... Why do u like reef aquariums and having a reef aquarium? What got y hooked?

Very well put ,....kinda like going to " pandora " in the movie "avatar"

I want to be a marine biologist when i get older and love the ocean so i figured it wood b cool 2 c da fish living their daily lives in a tank and then when im older comparing it to how they behave in nature

Back
Top Bottom