will the electric blue hermit become destructive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChrisB

Aquarium Advice Regular
I saw an electric blue hermit at the petshop the other day and thought about getting one because they were fairly big and hard to get, so I have read, and I thought that would be a great addition to my tank. I began to think about what could happen with a new hermit that size and I considered aggression, and other destructive things. Considering my tank inhabitants below will this addition be OK.

Was reading your tag, your setup is very close to mine in the number of fish, sand substrate, shrimp etc. Kinda wierd we live not too far from ea other. Freaked me out.

the electric blue hermits are herbs its the red one you have to look out for but they still get very big about the size of ur fist so be warned
i have a white spotted red hermit that has doubled in size over 3-4 monthes and im quite shure he would rip anything to shreads if i gave him the chance

The reds ones to get are called reef scarlet hermits. They are identifiable by the bright yellow eye stalks. No yellow, don't buy them. They would otherwise just be common mexican reds and not completely coral safe.

Cheers
Steve

To PC:
Yea I see what you your saying. Im guessing you go to kermits reef. There is a little bitty one here in Oxford that we go to usually but we're seen at Kermit's alot to.

Back
Top Bottom