Will you buy this fish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not for $190, but it is a beautiful fish. Maybe worth $75 if it looks that nice in person.

I've been visiting that site for quite sometime now and the price of that fish has never changed. It is quite beautiful, but nowhere near worth the price. Like grimmlock3000 said, maybe 75$ but that's at most. I took it upon myself to write them and say how outrageous that price is (like that will do any good), but have yet to find that particular species at a better price.

It would be interesting to find out how many of those they actually sell, though.

Yes it is. That is a lot of money for one small fish. That money could be used to help set up realy nice system. 8O

You have got to be kidding me. Just imagine buying that and then it dies a month later.

Suicide anyone?

YES !!!!

Well i might not have to worrie about suicide...my wife would kill me over and over.....and over....

OK suicide sounds better...LOL

8O 8O 8O
Holy crap. So what is the deal with those dartfish. Why are they sooo exspensive? I will admit, very beautiful, but not too different from my purple firefish that I spent $35 on.

I read about a guy that had one of those dartfish jump out of his tank..how depressing would that be to see such a cool fish die and $250 to go up in smoke.

I have, while working at the lfs, sold approx 17 of the Nemateleotris helfrichi, at 199.99 in about a year. They move quite quickly. people love them. They are only for a nano tank though, they would get lost in my reef.

Andrej

My Lfs traded for a 12inch by 5 inch piece of rock covered in red sea pulse xenia and gave the guy a black tang they are very cool.

ReefGuru said:
I have, while working at the lfs, sold approx 17 of the Nemateleotris helfrichi, at 199.99 in about a year. They move quite quickly. people love them. They are only for a nano tank though, they would get lost in my reef.

Andrej

8O That's seems like alot of profit right there. Do you happen to know how much your lfs bought tem for?

I'll buy one of those fish

Right after i payed of my house, bought a vaccation home on the cote d'azure, a chalet for skiing in Zermatt only then I will drive my porsche to the fish store and buy all of them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not me. I'll stick to the less expensive fish, $100 bucks is my limit.

you guys HAVE GOT to make friends with the owner of the LFS!!!!!!!

The markup on almost all saltwater fish is 100%..... a lot of times it is more.

Back
Top Bottom