WOW uv sterilizers are great

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stumpy

Aquarium Advice Activist
If anyone had seen my post about a month or so ago you know I have been battleing very green water. I tried algone,extra carbon,water changes,posphate remover and nothing helped very much. I hooked up a coralife turbo twist uv sterilizer last night about 5:00 and I just turned on my tank lights and the water is 90% clear!!! I wish I never waited so long!

i don't know if it's my uv or something else, but my water is crystal clear (and was on my prior tank as well with it.) i use RO water now, but just used tap water in Pittsburgh when I lived there. Both tanks were totally clear. I did have some cyano in my Pittsburgh tank (think the RO helps with that). I say they can't hurt and likely do well to increase the quality/clarity of the water.

Jim

Glad it worked out for ya...
was told by a few people ...
don't get one if you don't need it...
If you have problems then it'll help...
If not.. why get one...

I got a turbo twist 3x and it doesnt do much
How much flow do you have going through it. I have a UV unit plumbed inline that is not being used because I changed my setup and I'm now pumping too much water for the UV to have any effect.

Back
Top Bottom