Wrasse Compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake337

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just got a blue headed wrasse a couple of weeks ago in my 55 reef. I want to add another wrasse in the future (one that doesn't pick on corals) and was wondering if there are any that can go good with a blue headed? I was thinking maybe a carpenter, flasher or maybe even a melanarus?

I thought Blue Heads were not reef safe. Flashers are though. Id look into that more if you do not want problems.

They can also be aggressive, so some sites suggest that they are the last fish added.

TheTodd said:
I thought Blue Heads were not reef safe. Flashers are though. Id look into that more if you do not want problems.

They can also be aggressive, so some sites suggest that they are the last fish added.

As far as I know they don't touch corals. I think the reason they're considered reef safe with caution is because they eat beneficial things like worms. But yeah so far he's been pretty peaceful. Only time he gets semi aggressive is when It comes to feeding. I would love getting a carpenters wrasse just don't want any fighting between the two.

IMHO I wouldn't add another wrasse unless you had a bigger tank. 55 is prob pushing it for the Blue Head. And as for reef safe think that's for inverts not corals or macro algae.

Back
Top Bottom