Xenia Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterTeen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Would a brown saddleback clown go into an xenia, and would it live in my tank, because the lfs said that they are the hardest to start to get growing then after that they are the easisest, is that true? My tank supports my other corals/inverts as welll and they aren't dead do you think the xenia will do fine? my tests are all good so I dont see why they would'nt live in my tank while my other corals are fine. Thanks For Your Support

The xenias can be a little tough to get going but you can direct feed a little lugals at them and they love it. You may want to worry about the clown disturbing the xenia though

lugals What Are those??? Food? My Brown Saddleback is probably too busy with my bubble tip but how can I have clown not bother xenia?

Actually I checked if I had any cuz my science teacher said lugals is iodine solution so I came home and I checked what I have and I have Lugals Plue Reef Iodine :)

How exactly do I target feed with it??

I advise against using iodide solutions ESPECIALLY lugals. It contains a good percentage of iodine which is a lethal toxin. Nothing in your tank needs supplemental iodide - anymore than is supplied by water changes and regular feeding. Your xenia do not need it. It's a myth.

Mark

I advise against using iodide solutions ESPECIALLY lugals. It contains a good percentage of iodine which is a lethal toxin. Nothing in your tank needs supplemental iodide - anymore than is supplied by water changes and regular feeding. Your xenia do not need it. It's a myth.

Agreed. I don't think adding iodine to the tank is necessary at all as long as regular water changes are performed. Iodine toxicity can easily bring a tank to its knees if overdosed.

Back
Top Bottom