Yellow Watchman and Red Banded Pistol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lee426

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello All,

I have a question... I bought a yellow watchman goby a week ago and have been looking for a pistol shrimp to pair it with. I called several fish stores in my area and no one had one. Finally I found one that had it so I went over and they had the Red Banded Pistol Shrimp. I asked the guy about pairing it with my Goby and he was very quick to say YES! And I went to ask my question again since he almost didn't let me finish and he said YES again and told me to look it up if I didn't believe him. I told him I'd take his word for it and bought it. I came home and placed him in my tank and the goby hasn't even bothered looking at him. I've looked around and no where have I seen both species pair up.

Does anyone know if these two will ever pair up or have seen the two together in a symbiotic relationship?

Thanks in advance,
Lee

I believe they do pair up. In a thread recently another member said he had some pair up in the past.

Lol yeah they do. But those look more like tiger pistols. I just bought a red banded pistol. There's one on that link that looks like mine but I'm not to sure.

Thanks though!
Lee

Back
Top Bottom