Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ashleynicole

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know most people say Floridians aren't southern, but I was born in central Florida, I eat black eyed peas and collard greens, I say yall and I drink coke, not pop. So I say I am southern. We had a garden and we shelled peas, creamed corn, and canned veggies. We had chickens and gathered eggs, and took a steer to the slaughterhouse each year. It sucks now that I have my own family and work, I have to buy food from the grocery store... And its expensive! Although I still go home and stock up on canned and frozen veggies, but my parents don't keep cattle anymore and the price of beef is not cheap. Maybe one day I will be able to buy a little bit of land.

So how many more southern floridians do we have on here? Come on yall don't be afraid to speak up! :)

Florida is very diverse, that is for sure! I live in central Florida.... in north Lake County, kind of halfway in between Orlando and Gainsville. Plus I live close to "The Villages" which is this crazy huge retirement community. I get to meet a lot of patients from all over and they're always surprised that I'm native floridian.. I tell them yep, I was here before the villages took over!

I'd like to visit more of florida, I've lived here all of my life and haven't really gone anywhere off of the panhandle except for disney world and tampa ages ago.

I have plans to go toward central florida on a fish collecting trip in the spring next year, not sure where to just yet, might not make it past tallahassee.

Dade county and below are not considered south lol. I live in Miami beach but have a house in lake Mary, which is a little north of Orlando. Miami isn't southern but central Florida people definitely "act" southern lol.

Dade county and below are not considered south lol. I live in Miami beach but have a house in lake Mary, which is a little north of Orlando. Miami isn't southern but central Florida people definitely "act" southern lol.

Act southern...pfffffft. I have heard that southern fl is like a different country compared to central fl. I really don't sound southern when I talk, although i do say yall, I really don't have any accent and I talk pretty fast which is atypical in southern dialect. But I sure know how to eat southern ;)

I always say in Florida you have to go north to get to the South. Dade, Broward and Palm Beach have to many rich retirees.

Gubernaculum86 said:
I always say in Florida you have to go north to get to the South. Dade, Broward and Palm Beach have to many rich retirees.

I heard that soooo many times lol and it's true!

mstrblstr33 said:
Im in Ocala.....just sayin

I used to work in the ER at munroe (mrmc) and I have a lot of family in Marion county. Heck im originally from Pedro, if you know where that is, it was named after my great great great grandfather. His name was peter boyer Perry and the Spaniards called him "Pedro". Here is a link to anyone interests...
http://www.civilwarflorida.com/site/soldiers/soldier_detail.php?soldierREF=993

I was also born at Shands hospital in Gainsville. Yep I am a real floridian :D

Born in North Carolina but raised in Florida. I consider myself a Southerner.

Lived in the Daytona/Ormond area until I was 17. Went to school at Seabreeze and OBJH. Back in my day, there was a Krystal burger (White Castle to y'all yankees) right near the Boardwalk. I saw many a concert at the bandshell.

Long live Coke!!!

I'm one of those throwback types. Coke is Coke, everything else is soda.

I won't even allow my husband's nasty pepsi to touch my Coke in the fridge.

I used to be a big coke drinker. Although now usually I choose mt.dew if its available, but I agree, coca cola is waaaay better than Pepsi

Back
Top Bottom