Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishyfanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
This has nothing to do with fish, but I will be coming to Chicago for a little mini-vaca in July and was wanting to know if there were any places that are must sees. I've been to Navy Peer before, but really nothing else. it was pouring down rain so we just went back to Elgin. I REALLY want to go to Shedd's Aquarium. Anything else worth visiting?

The whole museum campus is great (Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium, Field Museum). You can rent bikes and take a ride along the lake. The Museum of science and industry is also good. There is a bus line, an all day ticket is something like $15 I think. It will take you to all of the "hot spots" along with giving you a nice tour. That's what I usually do when I go up.

The museum of Science and Industry is pretty far south from the rest of the museums. not trying to discourage you, but just a warning. if you do go to there, i would suggest checking out the body worlds exhibit ( http://www.bodyworlds.com/en/pages/home.asp ). i thought it was awesome.

walking the shops along michigan avenue is usually pretty nice, and there are TONS of places to eat.

check out the sears tower skydeck, i think the hancock building has one as well, but i could be wrong.

irish fest is going on this weekend... http://www.cgp-chicago.org/Irish_Fest/irish_fest.htm i think i may be heading out there to see a band play...

~mike

Good call on the Science and Industry museum, but if you do that bus thing, there is an extension on the route that will take you there.

I've only been to Chicago once, and my friend that I'm going up there to see won't be going with us. We will be taking the train from Elgin into Chicago. Is it pretty easy to navigate around the city without getting lost? I don't want to look like one of those tourists who is walking around with a 10 foot by 10 foot map of the city. :D

I thought of getting a City Pass. It has entrance to the Aquarium, Sky Deck, Science and Industrial Museum, and a couple other places.

Chicago is pretty easy to get around... for the most part, the entire city is a grid. so, you can always tell where you need to be compared to where you are by looking at the addresses. also, if you get lost and need to get somewhere just hop in a cab... cabbies know the city like the back of their hand.

if you are hanging around the loop area (where a lot of the touristy stuff is) then it will be pretty hard to get yourself lost. there are shuttle busses that take people around, and they are pretty easy to understand.

~mike

lol that reminds me of collateral. ya know where the cab driver and ... lol yeah

Back
Top Bottom