Good Fish-Stores.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If your having troubles locally why not order online. They're are plenty of excellent places and people to order from. I order at least 90% of my fish online, since what I'm looking for is somewhat rare and not available around my area.

The fish online are like $5 then $35 for S&H

Not really. If you find someone who charges actual shipping rates, priority is typically 8-12 dollars at the most. Getting express shipping bumps the price up to 30+ but in most cases it's really not necessary.

A lot of my fish schools were bought online, it is way cheaper than LFS in price even with shipping calculated in.

I buy all of my fish at our local Petsmart, there fish always seem in heathier condition compared to some of the other places around here, besides they have the best guarantee on fish 14 day compared to 48 or 72hrs. But I also research my fish now before I buy them and then go to the store to see if they have them. I have gotten bad fish advise from them regarding size of the fish when grown. Just my .02 since I know Petsmart is not a perfered place to buy fish on this site.

The fish online are like $5 then $35 for S&H

Check out online sites such as Aquabid, there's a number of private sellers with very reasonable shipping under $10. And really what it boils down to is how much do you want that fish, it's the age ole saying where one mans trash is another mans treasure. For some of ones I was looking for came about once or twice a year online, so with that it's gonna cost you.

Maddy's a youngster, so internet shopping may not be the best option.

Maddy if you have decent transit in your home town, I recommend an internet look up and some field trips. You'll be looking for a clean facility, tanks that also appear well tended and healthy active fish. If you need to drag your adults along, then ask them to help by asking questions about return policies and the like as well. :)

I think hands down the best place for Cichlids on line is:

www.boesterscichlids.com

Rick has great fish for the price. And their is not a question he can't answer for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
maddybrat said:
Anyone know any great places to buy fish in Omaha Nebraska.? :D

What kind of fish r u looking for. There is a cichlid store on 107th and mockingbird. And there is a really good fish store called aquapets on 108th and maple. And petland on 120th and center. All good fish stores

Try petland on 120th and center. Right next to i believe its bakers.

Back
Top Bottom