LFS Tour/Adventure-SF Bay Area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bungle

Aquarium Advice Freak
first of all, let me apologize for putting this in the wrong forum. i tried to use the reigonal forum, but i hadn't yet joined the CA forum, and am still waiting for approval.
basically, i'm finally just about ready to get my aquarium and set it up. before i do that, i'm gonna try and hit up any and all lfs in the east bay that i can this weekend to get an idea which ones can suit me best.
thats where you come in. if you live in the same general area as i do (oakland), and know of a specific store i should check out, please let me know! so far, i've only looked around my neighborhood, which isn't too bad (there are three lfs within 5-10min or so of me), but i have a feeling i'm probably missing a few.
one of these days, i'll do the same thing in SF. i have the feeling that would be a whole weekend in itself, maybe more!
thanks in advance, and if you made through all of the above, thanks again! :D

You should check the CA forum--even though you can't pos yet. All the forums (I believe) have a post about LFS in the area.

thanks for the heads-up, menagerie. no dice, though. (d'oh!) any info on lfs posted is mainly south CA. looks like i may have to rely on the 'ol yellow pages, and just put in a little extra foot work. :wink:

fresh right? i have fishy friends up there who may be able to help... if they're back from europe (wouldn't that be nice? and they were able to pay a guy to take care of their tanks.)

i've been to 6th street aquarium. visit if you haven't. freshwater wasn't great, its mostly marine, but you should just go see their jungle of a store. its insane. i swear its like a black market fish bizarre. The place is packed from floor to ceiling. kinda weird. something every one should see.

thanks for the info, medge00 :D i'm guessing you're talking about 6th st. in SF? i'm thinking this weekend i'll be exploring the east bay. i'll have to set aside an entire weekend or two just to explore the lfs in SF. i have a feeling there are tons there! i can't remember where i heard it, but a lfs on 6th st. has come up before in some conversation i had. i will definately check it out soon! oh, and yes, i'm looking for freshwater :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom