15 gallon give me stocking ideas ! All stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlidthinker

Aquarium Advice Freak
Dimensions are 60×30×30cm would like a nice community in there give me examples :) something that YOU would like and ill look into it what would YOU do with this tank ? :)

I would probably do something along the lines of:

5-7 Pygmy Cories
6-8 tetras (your choice of what type)
1-2 snails (mystery or nerite)

Then a nice centerpiece, maybe a Ram Cichlid or less aggressive species of gourami

That's just me running down a list of things that I can think of off the top of my head. Of course you will need to take in to consideration how much filtration you will have, how much cover will be available for the fish to hide in, how often you will be doing water changes etc. before you make your decision.

I would probably do something along the lines of:

5-7 Pygmy Cories
6-8 tetras (your choice of what type)
1-2 snails (mystery or nerite)

Then a nice centerpiece, maybe a Ram Cichlid or less aggressive species of gourami

This is a solid stocking list, though one thing I'd add is to get tetras that dwell in the mid/upper regions of the tank (such as Black Neon, Bloodfin, Black Skirt, etc.). Lower-dwelling tetras such as Rummy and Glowlights will make your tank look "bottom-heavy."

Also, if you're going to do a Ram, I'd go with Bolivian. They're *much* easier than Blue Rams. Other peaceful dwarf Cichlids include Apistogramma cacatuoides and A. agassizzi. I'd strongly suggest only doing one cichlid in a tank this size, and be sure to provide plenty of plants, caves, and other hiding spots.

I have a pair of Bolivians in my 20g and they are some of my favorite fish I've ever had. I love their personality and how they interact with one another.

1 apisto/ram
8 dwarf pencilfish
6 dainty cory
3 endlers

I have a 16 gallon, and here is what I'm building around:

7 Marbled Hatchets
6 Cory Catfish
6 Harlequin Rasboras
5 Amao Shrimp

And tons of driftwood with sand and a ton of plans to.

Nils

Back
Top Bottom