Future stocking idea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqualungg

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Currently I have a 55 gallon long community tank. It’s lively, though I’d love to have some bigger fish in the future (the biggest fish in there are a 5 inch blue gourami and a 6 inch angelfish). So I’m thinking on a stocking idea in the future for when my tank is empty (rehousing, deaths, etc). I’m wondering if this stocking is okay as it does involve bigger(ish) fish. So I’ve planned currently to get a pair of blood parrots and a bristlenose to house in my tank for when it’s empty. Is this stocking idea bad?

Currently I have a 55 gallon long community tank. It’s lively, though I’d love to have some bigger fish in the future (the biggest fish in there are a 5 inch blue gourami and a 6 inch angelfish). So I’m thinking on a stocking idea in the future for when my tank is empty (rehousing, deaths, etc). I’m wondering if this stocking is okay as it does involve bigger(ish) fish. So I’ve planned currently to get a pair of blood parrots and a bristlenose to house in my tank for when it’s empty. Is this stocking idea bad?

If you don't plan on other fish besides these, this should work. I do suggest you decorate the 2 ends of the tank with places for the fish to create territories in case you don't get a male and female but 2 of the same gender. By giving them territories far apart, they can feel more protected and secure. (y)(y)

Back
Top Bottom