2.5 Gallon help! Reflector question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brandon K.A

Aquarium Advice Freak
Long story short, I purchased this perfecto 2.5 reflector. According to instructions, it says to never place over open water. However, the perfecto glass cover I have, has no opening at all for airlines or filters. So I tried cutting the glass, but this failed miserably. So now, I was wondering, can I just put the reflector on over the open water and leave my hob filter on with it? I have it like so right now, but I taped a piece of cut glass on the reflector under the light, to protect the light form any splashing water. Is this okay? What should I do?

It is probably fine. I have run many lights over open water. I am sure a big portion of the warning is simply to cover them should you run into an issue with water splashing on the light, or the light falling in the tank. Obviously, it is a more dangerous situation to have no top with the light, but many, many people run their setups like this. It just requires more care during maintenance.

Back
Top Bottom