20 gal finally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RaptorBro

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok well i just came to my house in upstate state NY. My father and I was cleaning the basement out for the first time since we bought the house and got ride of the tenents. Found some pretty cool stuff/junk there a ancient camera from like the 70's and in a corner behind a dresser was a 20 gal long fish tank that was probally put their by the tenents well ill be taking pictures and setting it up soon. Just gotta see if it leaks before anything major. I see theirs a big a** "aquaclear" filter im not too sure but i couldnt find the top pieace at glance. anyway i need a hood now btw i have 10-15 baby platy's if anyone in the New York area wants i know maxima should be picking some up one day lol

haha, i would def be interested when i set up a future tank, right now my 20g high is full, lol ty for remembering, and for the filter =] just go to your LFS and look for bags that fit i guess lol

I got the dimensions and its 30x12x13 20 gal long lol well the filter doesnt have a top so i guess garbage. I found a heater which i hope works and a tester kit the liquid ones i need a hood for it though

the filter aint garbage, you can still use it, just find out what filter it is and replace the carbon, bio, mechanical stuff, its cheaper than buying a new one

20g long!!! nice

Got sum rocks that was in the tank.. BTW back in queens lol... I just want to know the names of my rocks any help guys i know i have granite but the others idk and will they be good in my FW tank

Attachments

• IMG00331.jpg
    IMG00331.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG00332.jpg
    IMG00332.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG00333.jpg
    IMG00333.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG00334.jpg
    IMG00334.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 48
those rocks look like dead coral pieces to me, i have several and they do look quite nice =]

i have one in my SW right now and its being seeded. they are aquarium safe since they did come from the ocean lol

good luck with the 20G tall =]

Update i got the tank up and running going through its cycle and its starting to get foggy like the ten i have when i first got it cycled. I have a few pictures. I moved the Anubias into this tank and will covering the ribosome? be a problem since its sand i thought it would be ok. I only noticed today that the plant has new leaves..... Well i got the Versa Glass top and Light strip that house two CFLs a background and the sand lol heres the pics

Attachments

• SDC16141.jpg
    SDC16141.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 86
  • SDC16145.jpg
    SDC16145.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 46
  • SDC16150.jpg
    SDC16150.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 66
What dragonfish said is 100% true.

Man, congratulations on the find. That is sweet.

Some of the rocks you have there are limestone... AKA ancient coral reefs. It might make the water a little harder but it's generally okay, it's just something you might want to watch.

o i didnt put in the Ancient Corals lol i left them in the garage no need for them... Im going to be adding DW and more plants and prolly 6 cories when cycling is completed and i get my money up lol

Updated with a few more things in my tank . I will be adding DW and Plants soon i needa buget again

Attachments

• IMG00387.jpg
    IMG00387.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG00384.jpg
    IMG00384.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG00385.jpg
    IMG00385.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG00386.jpg
    IMG00386.jpg