20 gallon tall brackish fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
What brackish fish can I keep in a 20 tall? Also is brackish harder than freshwater? I figured it wouldnt be since most bracksih fish are acxustomed to salinity changes.
So what I really really want is a big toadfish. Just one big toadfish. I looked up oyster toadfish but tjey appesr to be full marine. What commonly available toadfish are there?
Also what other options would I have in a 20 tall? I like knight gobies but wouldnt know what to keep them with. I do not want puffers because if I go with them I will do freshwater :)
Also no mollies or bumblebee gobies (unless they are being suggested with another species)
If I cant find a good brackish fish (or even a really mean looking freshwater fish if you have one in mind) I may just say hang it all and make a wierd fantasy tank with neon tetras and glowing substrate lol
Thanks and God bless!

you can keep some dwarf puffers and the bumble bee goby is pretty cool.
:)

Thanks. If I do that I would just do freshwater though. I want something very unique. Like I said I love the toadfish but dont know if any are commonly available. I also like knight gobies but I wouldnt know what else to keep wih them.

IMO a 20 tall limits your options heavily. Bumbleebee gobies would be your best bet and they are brackish not fw. Toads can get pretty large, I know they don't move much but they would put a pretty large bioload on such a small tank.

IMO a 20 tall limits your options heavily. Bumbleebee gobies would be your best bet and they are brackish not fw. Toads can get pretty large, I know they don't move much but they would put a pretty large bioload on such a small tank.

Really? That stinks. Well what about butterfly gobies/waspfish?

A freshwater flounder would look cool but I think they would need more substrate area

My lfs carries a "freshwater" flounder I have always loved. It only hits a few inches. But they are brackish really. How wouod they get on with waspfish?

Back
Top Bottom