200 litre stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samzter

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay I've found an even bigger tank for a steal just £159 ! Any ideas on stocking just throw it at me! Here's what I like

German blue rams
Denison barbs
Cherry barbs
Cardinal tetras
Black skirt tetra
Black neon tetra
Sterbai corydoras
Panda corydoras
Shrimps
Guppies
Bulldog pleco
Bristle nose pleco
Zebra pleco
Leopard pleco
Platies
Just suggest anything, just not salt or cichlids

Sillyfishies said:
Um get like 50 zebra plecos because those are CHEAP!

Haahaa! I know that they're really expensive but I do like them. I found somewhere which sells them for like a £100 . Actually my card will be crying after spending that on a fish. Take it off the list!!

Out of your list I'd go with 2 GBR, tetras, sterbais, 1 BN plec, shrimp and guppies. Maybe a well planted tank too, with bogwood and lots of caves and flat stones?

Okay I'm thinking this. If it helps its about 50-55 gallons.

2 german blue rams
3 angels (hope for a pair then rehome the other one)
8 cherry barbs
8 stebai Cories
10 cardinal tetras?
2 bolivian rams or 4 khuli loaches.

Oh and it has to include a golden nugget pleco. Scrap the Khulis and bolvians

My tank is 94 litre so your 200 is over double the size I have. I currently stock: 2 GBR, 4 trilineatus corys, 6 gold neon tetra, 4 glass catfish and 1 dwarf puffer. Please note that the dwarf puffer is only in my tank until my new 20 litre tank cycles. I i know that Dwarf puffers are not community fish but I took him in from a friend as he was being targeted by other puffers. So this is temporary, if he starts nipping any fish then he will have to go to the LFS until my tank is cycled. So apart from the male GBR all my fish are quite small so I'd say everything on your last post sounds ok.

Conrad said:
My tank is 94 litre so your 200 is over double the size I have. I currently stock: 2 GBR, 4 trilineatus corys, 6 gold neon tetra, 4 glass catfish and 1 dwarf puffer. Please note that the dwarf puffer is only in my tank until my new 20 litre tank cycles. I i know that Dwarf puffers are not community fish but I took him in from a friend as he was being targeted by other puffers. So this is temporary, if he starts nipping any fish then he will have to go to the LFS until my tank is cycled. So apart from the male GBR all my fish are quite small so I'd say everything on your last post sounds ok.

Thank you! Did you ever get anymore success with you GBR breeding?

No probs, no joy after 2 attempts but they say it takes a pair of GBR a few attempts before it is successful so let's hope it's 3rd time lucky lol

Conrad said:
No probs, no joy after 2 attempts but they say it takes a pair of GBR a few attempts before it is successful so let's hope it's 3rd time lucky lol

Oh okay. I'm thinking of a great stock list , but I need help rearranging my other tank.

In my 30 gallon so 125 litres I have:
5 platies
3 guppies
8 panda Cories
5 dwarf gourami
4 otos
And temporarily a pair of german blue rams
3 amano shrimp
3 red cherry shrimp.
I'm thinking of rehoming the platies and their babies 13 of them! But everything else I want to keep. I'm not sure what I want to do with this tank though. Maybe add more shrimp and more otos . Then have a semi peaceful tank. I would like to add guppies to the 55 but I'm not sure.

Back
Top Bottom