20g freshwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishdude343

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 20g tank. I would like to know what fish i sould put in there.I would like small fish so i can have a lot and i don't know what part of the world please suggest.

Thanks

Harlequin Rasboras (I have a bunch of these in my 15g and I love them)

Also, Neon Tetras or Cardinal Tetras. I agree, a school of the same type of fish look great!

Great suggestion marchmaxima, I was thinking the same. Or Endlers Livebearers but you would only need a few and they will breed like crazy to fill the tank.

Maybe some small shrimp to help clean up or a couple small corys

There are a lot of different options for a 20 gallon tank. You could consider some dwarf cichlids like apistos or rams. A nice school of tetras such as rummynose or cardinals would look good. Then of course there are some really colorful guppies that you could start with and they will soon be reproducing like crazy.

Thanks, for all the advice but i was wondering would the fish that breed a lot make to many fish for a 20g tank.Would i have to get rid of them?

Prob yes although they may eat some fry if you dont have many hiding spots and I think the population may kinda stabilize?(so it may take awhile) But eventually you would prob have to give some away or trade it to the LFS. If you doing it that way just start w/ 1 male and 1-2 females and you'll have plenty in a couple months

depends on the size of the crabs' pinchers :)

As far as I know, as long as you stay away from fish large enough to find your invertebrates to be a tasty meal, and invertebrates small enough to also not find your fish a tasty meal, you should be fine. But some of the shrimpy people in here can chime in and give you more expert advise.

Back
Top Bottom