29 gallon journey/journal/build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't even know they sold that stuff there! That explains why my dad likes that place so much lol. I'll look online. Thanks rook!

That's awesome about the bloodworms! I had to get freeze-dried, and figured they'd be okay as a once a week snack. I'd get frozen in a heartbeat though.

I suggest hot pink gravel. Lol, I like that bright look, but most people don't. I'm not sure what to recommend.

Ya, I have the "less natural" look in my ten gallon, and wanted to try something different, and I just figured river rocks and driftwood would look pretty good. Definitely psyched about the bloodworms though!

Ok... Back with yet another question... This one is on lighting. I saw a saltwater light that said something about being 10000 kelvins... Is that enough for the plants I mentioned... Along with melon sword maybe?

So... I'm looking at 90 wats... Or how many kelvins? (I suck at math...) thanks for the link!

if i were you id just look at a 90 watt fluorescent(if you find one tell me and where you got it im starting my 29 too and plan on plantin with low light plants)

At this point petsmart, home depot, or lowes... But I wanna get the stupid tank set up first lol.

More questions! Yay! Lol. Ok... So after contemplating life today... (aka my tank) I decided that I needed more color. I've been looking around and then BOOM I saw rummynose tetras... Could I do this:

6 black skirt tetras
6 rummynose tetras
4-6 orange laser cories (need opinions)
2 bolivian rams
1 starlight bristlenose pleco
1 keyhole cichlid

I get the risks with the whole Bolivian pair thing, but I do have a backup plan. As for the Cory situation... I was thinking 6, so i'd still have schools if I lost a few. If the rummynose tetras don't work... Any suggestions?

Next question... How am I supposed to have a HOB filter with this hood? If not... You think I could modify it into one that could?

Attachments

• image-1892524645.jpg
    image-1892524645.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 80
you would think it'd have a space on the back for one... but if not you can just cut it to make it fit i've done that my filter didnt fit in my 10 gallon

but that looks like the back is open bc that looks like mine and mine has a totally open back for filters ad such

More questions! Yay! Lol. Ok... So after contemplating life today... (aka my tank) I decided that I needed more color. I've been looking around and then BOOM I saw rummynose tetras... Could I do this:

6 black skirt tetras
6 rummynose tetras
4-6 orange laser cories (need opinions)
2 bolivian rams
1 starlight bristlenose pleco
1 keyhole cichlid

I get the risks with the whole Bolivian pair thing, but I do have a backup plan. As for the Cory situation... I was thinking 6, so i'd still have schools if I lost a few. If the rummynose tetras don't work... Any suggestions?

IME cories aren't the best shippers...if you're ordering them, I'd order 8 to be safe. I'd highly doubt all 8 make it.

That was actually why I was ordering 6. That was if all of them do make it, I won't be overstocking. Also, I'm ordering them from HN1 and severum, and they actually live really close to me! (same state) so I might even be picking them up!

Lucky!! I just had 5 cories shipped from new york to oregon and sadly, I'm left with 2 :(

Back
Top Bottom