30 Gallon Aquarium Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RobertsBaby

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I now have a fully cycled 30 gallon aquarium. The dimensions are 21" tall, 19" wide and 19" deep. I know I want it to be freshwater tropical community but past that I am not sure.

I know for sure I want 1 angelfish and a school of cory cats.

Past that I have considered some mollies or platys. I also heard Bolivian Rams are a good idea. What colorful schooling fish can go with my Angelfish. I am not really interested in black skirt tetra. I like longfin serpae tetra but I believe I read somewhere that they are fin nippers.

Any ideas?

1 angelfish
6-8 cories
6-8 neon tetras

The angelfish will take up a lot of room in this tank. Plan for it's adult size, but start with a small fish so it grows up with the neons. There's less chance of the angel eating the neons that way.

FishProfiles.com - Profile List hope this helps with your selection of small colourfull schooling fish. rule of thumb with tetras is get at very least 6. i would google any pictures of the fish tho becaue they have realy bad quality pictures on that site they dont show the realy beauty of the fish

yes all tetras and angels work great together the angel fish if they are fairly big 4"+ will make any tetras naturaly school or shoal if your worried about nipping fins dont starve your fish and it wont happen i always feed blood worm to my tanks its a bit costly but makes all the fish realy healthy and tetras will grow to ther max sizes in no time

I have a 26G tank with one single angelfish, and 7 rummynose tetras, 6 golden clouds and 5 julii corys.

The Angel is growing fast, I know that I will need to upgrade my tank to at least 55G soon, hopefully this summer.

But going back to your questions, the Angel was smaller when I started the tank, so far is leaving the tetras and clouds alone, no issues at all, not even when the Angel has laying some eggs.
My fish came to the tank almost at the same time, I added the tetras and clouds first, then the corys and last the Angel.

Back
Top Bottom