350 l Ideas for community fishes??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vysekal

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have new 350l fully cycled tank, it will be tropical tank with 1 African Buttefly Fish, 2 cat fishes, 2 tiger plecos, 4 Coolie loaches, pair of Betta Imbellis, 1 Blue Ramirezi Ram, 1 weather loach,1 gold fish.

Am looking for some community fishes but i have no idea which ones to pick [I dont like guppies or mollies either] am willing to buy few more ramirezi rams but thats it :huh:

:thanks:

You could try some danios. I have Giant danio in my 260l and they're great but there are loads of other types or maybe some rainbow fish, loads of colour and varying sizes.

p.s by gold fish do you mean goldfish like you get at the fair or a gold coloured fish?

The weather loach and the goldfish really do not belong in a tank with the others you have listed. They are not tropicals.

Try some danios. I have 8 harlequin danios in my 160l. They are very active and love schooling around. Or you could try some neon tetras as they are very flashy.

yep its goldfish like the one you get at fairs, and i know that 2 goldfish and weather loach arent not suitable because they are fresh and cold water species, my tank is steady at 20 C I dont know whether you call that tropical or not, but i had them for couple of years now and they are doin great :ermm:
Danios should be great any other ideas?? [had rainbow fishes ages ago dont really like them] (y)

yep its goldfish like the one you get at fairs, and i know that 2 goldfish and weather loach arent not suitable because they are fresh and cold water species, my tank is steady at 20 C I dont know whether you call that tropical or not, but i had them for couple of years now and they are doin great :ermm:
Danios should be great any other ideas?? [had rainbow fishes ages ago dont really like them] (y)

Not to sound argumentative, but they really aren't a great choice for tank mates for tropicals. Both (especially the goldfish) are species that have long lifespans in comparison to a lot of other fish. A couple of years is kind of a drop in the bucket for them.

You have a new tank, right? Why not keep the goldfish and weather loaches in one or the other, and just run 2 tanks? :)

Back
Top Bottom