55 gallon stocking ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spyderco93

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I would like some help on what I should stock my 55 gallon with all I no is I want angle fish I am thinking about a semi aggressive but my mind is open to community fish as well iam set on angles also like barbs red tailed sharks and tetras and dwarf gourami* any advise would be great as I am brand new to fish keeping

I would like some help on what I should stock my 55 gallon with all I no is I want angle fish I am thinking about a semi aggressive but my mind is open to community fish as well iam set on angles also like barbs red tailed sharks and tetras and dwarf gourami* any advise would be great as I am brand new to fish keeping

X2 angelfish
X4 German blue ram
X8 cardinal tetras
X8 rummynose tetras
X6 corys of your choice.

I'm an Angelfish fanboy, so let me start off by saying good choice (y) but let me say this, if you're set on Angels, I would not suggest getting Barbs. They're notorious for nipping at fins and that would be devastating to an Angel, for obvious reasons.

As far as other stock goes, (to me) it all depends on the overall look/theme of the tank.

I would go with:
Peruvian Altum Angels (species only tank)
w/8 Otocinclus Catfish
or
12-24 Neon Tetras/Cardinal Tetras
3 Bleeding Heart Tetras
8 Otocinclus Catfish

I'm an Angelfish fanboy, so let me start off by saying good choice (y) but let me say this, if you're set on Angels, I would not suggest getting Barbs. They're notorious for nipping at fins and that would be devastating to an Angel, for obvious reasons.

As far as other stock goes, (to me) it all depends on the overall look/theme of the tank.

I would go with:
Peruvian Altum Angels (species only tank)
w/8 Otocinclus Catfish
or
12-24 Neon Tetras/Cardinal Tetras
3 Bleeding Heart Tetras
8 Otocinclus Catfish

If he has never had Angela before I would not start with altum angels they can be much pickier than the scalare you get at most fish stores. They are also much more expensive. I would go with 2-4 scalare angels
8-10 rummynose tetras
2 bristlenose plecos
8 corydoras of choice
2 spotted Raphael ( my favorite) lol

True, Altums can be picky/challenging fish. Scalares are easy from what I've heard. Also Black Veiled Angelfish are another option, I had one for a year.

I would go with:
2 angelfish of your choice
1 bristle nose pleco
2 rams of choice
8-10 of a schooling fish of your choice (rummy nose tetra, harlequin rasboras, neons, cardinal tetras, glow light tetras, white cloud minnows, danios, etc)
5-8 cory catfish (the smaller type like panda or julli)

I would go with:
2 angelfish of your choice
1 bristle nose pleco
2 rams of choice
8-10 of a schooling fish of your choice (rummy nose tetra, harlequin rasboras, neons, cardinal tetras, glow light tetras, white cloud minnows, danios, etc)
5-8 cory catfish (the smaller type like panda or julli)

Would that be overstocked or under stocked?

Or up a single school. I once has 24 neons in one tank. They made a pretty impressive show piece.

Back
Top Bottom