55g FW Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdklovesfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone! I know there are a ton of these types of threads, but here we go!

I have a 55g FW tank that has:
5 assorted Cories
1 Highfin Pleco
2 Skunk Loaches
1 Rainbow Shark (I know people say they are aggressive, but I have never seen any signs of aggression from him, except the time I tried him in my 15g tank. Then he was a jerk!)
1 Opaline Gourami
12 male Platys
Lots of plants and driftwood

My tank looks so empty... I was going to restock the female Platys and then sale the fry. But I'm think I'm getting tired of dealing with livebearers. I love the look of Platys, they are cute and most of all come in so many colors. So I'm looking for some ideas. Here's my criteria:

Middle and top swimmers.
Stay small enough for a 55g.
Must be peaceful.
Colors!!

Any ideas?

Please don't lecture me on overstocking.... I don't work, so I take really good care of my tanks, plus I have double the filtration, I use the API test 2x a week and adjust if necessary, but I do keep my tanks overstocked.... k! ;)

As far as colorful fish go I've always been a fan of German blue rams. There's always dwarf neon rainbows and cardinal tetras.

Celestrial Danios are nice and mid water schoolers. Odessa Barbs from Selectaquadics.com are great. For a color blast, Endlers Livebearers males work very well. Penguin Tetras are odd and neat to watch. A small school of glass cats say 4 of them. There are a ton more.

Celestrial Danios are nice and mid water schoolers. Odessa Barbs from Selectaquadics.com are great. For a color blast, Endlers Livebearers males work very well. Penguin Tetras are odd and neat to watch. A small school of glass cats say 4 of them. There are a ton more.

I have read that barbs and tetras are nippy and semi aggressive. Is that not true?

Back
Top Bottom