55g stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
A friend of mine is selling her 55g tank to me and I have an idea of the stock but want some input.
1 angel fish
10 danios
10 kuhli Loach
1 dojo Loach
fluval 306 filter
Possibly powerhead to create current

Keep calm and drum on

A friend of mine is selling her 55g tank to me and I have an idea of the stock but want some input.
1 angel fish
10 danios
10 kuhli Loach
1 dojo Loach
fluval 306 filter
Possibly powerhead to create current

Keep calm and drum on

You had me until dojo loach! I wouldn't put them in with the other fish you list (well, I might put them with zebra danios). They like cooler water and also really need to be in groups (3+). You could go for around 74F as a temperature and that would be an ok compromise. But definitely get more than one.

Aside from that, your stock looks really great!

I currently have a dojo in a 20g. The tank is mainly to rehome him before he out grows it. He lives with some kuhli loach and zebra danios at a temp of 75-76

Keep calm and drum on

I currently have a dojo in a 20g. The tank is mainly to rehome him before he out grows it. He lives with some kuhli loach and zebra danios at a temp of 75-76

Keep calm and drum on

Oh ok. That's a little on the warm side for them but it's alright. Too high temperatures can drastically cut their lifespan. Definitely get him some friends in the 55; you'll have room for them.

Any suggestions for a larger mid level fish that does well in a temp range for them?

Keep calm and drum on

Goldfish come to mind :lol: Angelfish would work if you go for 75; a little warm for the dojo, a little cool for the angels. There are als some geophagus species that prefer cooler temperatures but I forget which ones.

Goldfish are way too messy for me.geophagus look like they get too big for the tank. Aqadivsor says angels are aggressive any experience with them?

Keep calm and drum on

Goldfish are way too messy for me.geophagus look like they get too big for the tank. Aqadivsor says angels are aggressive any experience with them?

Keep calm and drum on

Angelfish can be hit or miss. Our big guy in our 29 gallon community is a softy who mostly leaves the other fish alone. The two blue pinoy angels I just got from the user Popparyno are mean little buggers and chase my tetras around.

With 55 gallons you should be able to have a single angel and have it work; the angel will have enough room and with just 1 you don't have to worry about spawning.

Just decorate the tank heavily, create clearly defined spaces, and add the angelfish last to have a good chance of everyone getting along.

Back
Top Bottom