A cute story about my betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

An t-iasg

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have posted before about my betta, Kenny. He likes his java moss so much that he gets agitated when I remove it for a water change. Last weekend, I did my water change as usual, and then I waited 20 minutes for the water to settle down before putting the moss back. If I try to put the moss back too soon, then the small amount of turbulence from the water change will cause the moss to float away and off the suction cups. If I wait, then the moss stays in place perfectly.

I knew Kenny was anxious, so I cupped the moss in my fingers and started to put it back. Before I even could place it on the suction cups, Kenny came over and laid in the moss...in my hand!! 8O Part of his tail was touching my hand. He didn't care! He stayed in the moss, in my hand, for about 30 seconds or so. WOW!!

Three weeks ago. I was feeding my oscars. I had already put the food in, was about to close the hood. One of them jumped out about 3 inches to bite my finger. He didn't dig in but he definately nibbled. Does that mean he likes me? :)

hrmm...my oscars try to bite me every time I put my hand in the tank...does that mean they like me? And I had a Betta once that would attack my hand if I put it in his bowl...but that's really cute...you should see if he'll do it again and take a picture of it.

Back
Top Bottom