advice on mini tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquaherper

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Started building a 1 ish 1 1/2 gallon coffie table aquarium.
In line filter. No heater. Few leds. Air stone.

What's a small super low light plant I can add. That will not need pruning. (Once planted will not be able to axcess..
What's a small strong cold water fish ( small as in swim threw a one inch hole..
Any advice on maintaining a mini tank will be appreciated.

The only thing that can live in a 1.5 are a betta or some species of shrimp and snails, and they all need heaters so if you're gonna move forward with this you need to invest in one first. Don't bother with the slim-pad heaters, they're death traaps

To be honest there is not much you can put in there. Not having a heater does not help plus 1 and a half gallons really can't have much. I have a 5 gallon beta tank and I only keep a beta in there. I've been told I could put some shrimp and or a few snails in there but I have yet to do that.

I would suggest upgrading to at least a 5 gallon and getting a heater, if possible.

Started building a 1 ish 1 1/2 gallon coffie table aquarium.
In line filter. No heater. Few leds. Air stone.

What's a small super low light plant I can add. That will not need pruning. (Once planted will not be able to axcess..
What's a small strong cold water fish ( small as in swim threw a one inch hole..
Any advice on maintaining a mini tank will be appreciated.

Anubias nana or nana petite would be good low maintenance plants for that size tank.

I would be more than happy seeing any tank smaller than 3 gallons done away with for anything more than temporary holding. It's particularly bad the way the packaging of micro tanks shows them with 3 or 4 guppies or platies, letting ill informed people think that's a feasible setup

Back
Top Bottom