Advice on Tank Planning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pton46

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all,

Looking for advice here.

I am currently in the process of Obtaining 2 Tanks. Looks like one is a 75 gallon and a 55 gallon. The 55 could be a another 75 gallon instead I might have a choice.

Currently I have my South American Tank 60 gallon
1 Tiger Oscar
1 Blood Parrot (They will Stay)
2 Convicts (They will Stay)

a 30 Gallon African Tank (Upgrading and Selling)
3 Yellow Lab
1 Red Zebra
1 Frontosa
1 Peacock

My Plan is to move the Tiger Oscar as He matures to his own Tank single
75 Gallon.

Here is my question? Do I get a 55 gallon gallon to up grade my 30 gallon African Tank or go 75 gallon if Avail?

My plan at min is to Add 3 Acei to the African Tank and as the Frontosa matures either Rehome or Set up its own tank.

Right now I'm not in any rush since my tanks now are all stable and my stock are all Juveniles so this would be a Late summer Fall project. The Deal is really good, he was a breeder locally to me looking to get out we have mutual Friends so it looks like I'm getting first Crack.

I'm thinking 2 75's if he still has them. Now Space will need to be made, but I should be able to accommodate since I will be Clearing my Basement Shortly.

Thoughts? I think I know the answer but want some input. This would bring me to 5 tanks which is all my wife will be able to handle.:hide:

Thanks

Pton46 said:
Hi all,

Looking for advice here.

I am currently in the process of Obtaining 2 Tanks. Looks like one is a 75 gallon and a 55 gallon. The 55 could be a another 75 gallon instead I might have a choice.

Currently I have my South American Tank 60 gallon
1 Tiger Oscar
1 Blood Parrot (They will Stay)
2 Convicts (They will Stay)

a 30 Gallon African Tank (Upgrading and Selling)
3 Yellow Lab
1 Red Zebra
1 Frontosa
1 Peacock

My Plan is to move the Tiger Oscar as He matures to his own Tank single
75 Gallon.
I would put 2 Oscars in a 75. But it's up to you.

Here is my question? Do I get a 55 gallon gallon to up grade my 30 gallon African Tank or go 75 gallon if Avail?
IMO go as big as you can. That way you can use them for more fish the future, and you can have more fish.

My plan at min is to Add 3 Acei to the African Tank and as the Frontosa matures either Rehome or Set up its own tank.

Right now I'm not in any rush since my tanks now are all stable and my stock are all Juveniles so this would be a Late summer Fall project. The Deal is really good, he was a breeder locally to me looking to get out we have mutual Friends so it looks like I'm getting first Crack.
Sounds like an awesome deal, more like a steal! :)
I'm thinking 2 75's if he still has them. Now Space will need to be made, but I should be able to accommodate since I will be Clearing my Basement Shortly.

Thoughts? I think I know the answer but want some input. This would bring me to 5 tanks which is all my wife will be able to handle.:hide:

Thanks
I answered below what you said. I would put my comments in a different color but I can't from my phone. Sorry about that!

Back
Top Bottom